Artist Anxiety – Week 8 Update

So after the week 6 update, I realized that I desperately needed to find a pixel artist by the end of the month or I would probably be missing some important deadlines for milestones.

So I put out the word and put up 3 job postings on different artist forums.  Coming up with the job description was so terrifying, I was extremely worried that I wouldn’t get any serious replies.  But on the first day, I got 3 replies overnight.  And in the next couple of days I got more and more, a total of 14.  Some were bad, like real bad.  Some were good, but hard to deal with.  But I finally found someone who I can afford, gave me though out estimates for time to complete, and is talented to boot!  Also I have a company logo now, it is like 90% ready, so I can’t wait to put that up everywhere.

I’ve been mostly doing business stuff these past two weeks, but I’ve been programming here and there.  I finally added friends to the player party!  And I’ve been testing the game on my Ouya, too!  Not sure if I will be able to dual launch on PC and Ouya at the same time, yet, but it looks promising.

Oh and I’ve been writing a lot!  I wrote out descriptions for all of the main characters and antagonists, but more importantly I wrote the ending!  The ending is something I’ve been trying to figure out for the past month, but I finally found the perfect way to wrap everything up in a nice little bow.  It’s no Breaking Bad ending, but I am pretty damn proud of it. I’ve got quite a bit more writing to do, but I feel like now I am just filling in the gaps. It’s like a big paint by numbers, I know what goes where, I just got to fill it in.